Wednesday 18 March 2015

Origins Natural Skincare

Now we all have our weaknesses, mine is for expensive toiletries. I have tried using cheaper brands many times, but apart from a very small number of products I am always left feeling disappointed - by both the results and how long the products last. 

My favourite products are from Clinique, Clarins and Decleor. When I made the decision to think more carefully about the chemicals I was putting on my body I knew that these were all likely to be out the window! Annoyingly I had been purchased an Origins skincare set for Christmas from my in-laws to be. Although their tagline is 'powered by nature' I knew that with Origins being a sub-brand of Estee Lauder they would probably not be as good as they made out. I went on the Origins website too research how bad they were in terms of chemicals and was over the moon when I found this:

I have been using Origins as my sole facial skincare brand for approximately 2 and a 1/2 months now. The set I was purchased for Christmas was the 'Make a Difference' range. This range is designed to rehydrate and repair and reduce signs of aging caused by dehydration. I do not actually have dry skin, more like normal to combination but I am in love with these products. Now they do seem expensive when you look at them BUT I have only just finished the 50ml sized cleanser and toner that I got at Christmas and I still have about 3/4 of the mosturisers left. I recently purchased the full sized cleanser and toner. These full sized products are £20 for 150ml and based on my current usage they will last me 7 and a 1/2 months. Considering how much I would of spent on cheaper products over this time, I do not consider the £2.60 a month cost to be too outrageous. My skin will thank for me it too!

        
Make a Difference Rejuvenating Cleansing Milk £20  
Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion £20

              
Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment £34.50
Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating Mosturiser £34.50

I have been using the cleanser and toner each morning followed by the treatment cream (this one is for combination skin so is nice and light) and then in the evening I use the thicker Mosturiser instead. My skin has improved so much. Even through early pregnancy I have had no blemishes (last time round my skin was awful). The scent of these products is lovely. Officially it is Rose of Jericho with Lychee and Watermelon (with Sea Haricots in the cleanser). I would describe the scent as very fresh, slightly floral with a subtle mint background. Whatever it is it is lovely! 

MY Rating 4.5/5 (would of been a 5 if they were slightly cheaper!). I would definitely recommend having a look at the ranges that Origins do. Also check out the sets and offers they have in Boots and Debenhams - they work out good value and a good way to try the products first. 

1 comment:

  1. Whats Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & help different customers like its aided me. Great job.
    shampoo for hairfall Peshawar

    ReplyDelete