Tuesday 24 March 2015

16 Weeks

Two amazing things happened today. 1) we got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time and 2) I discovered the wonder that is maternity skinny jeans with big stretchy waist bands. 

This morning I had my 16 week midwife appointment (actual date 15+3). I was a little apprehensive as I didn't know what to expect. My midwife is lovely, she told me not to worry about my weight and to eat cake all I wanted if it stopped me feeling sick, that had me sold on her straight away! She did all the usual checks and measurements and then asked if we wanted her to try and find the heartbeat. Both my partner and I were a bit apprehensive as we were aware she may not be able to locate it at this stage and didn't want to convince ourselves something was wrong if she couldn't. Luckily she found it within a minute and it was so amazing to hear. We even got to hear the baby kicking, apparently he/she doesn't like being poked - I am with them on that one! 

With my partner having the day off work we decided to make the most of it and go into town and do some shopping. Despite my attempts to loose a bit of weight and delay the inevitable need for maternity clothes, my jeans have been feeling a bit on the comfy side recently. So I decided that it would be sensible to buy a pair or two. I had been warned by others that it was hard to buy maternity clothing from the shops as most of their collections were online. Thankfully I chose to go into New Look first (not normally the shop of my choice) and they had a decent selection of trousers. I was pleasantly surprised at just how comfortable they were. I went for a pair of jeggings and a pair of skinny jeans - both with nice thick stretchy waist bands. I thought that they were well priced too. I have not worn them yet and hope that once I do they stand up to my positive first impressions. The other shops were a complete waste of time as they had little or no maternity ranges at all - I will definitely be looking online next time I think. 


New Look Maternity Underbump Jeggings £17.99

New Look Maternity Underbump Supersoft Skinny Jeans £22.99


No comments:

Post a Comment