Friday 13 March 2015

Battling The Belly - Palmer's Stretch Mark Treatments

I fully accept that my body will go through a lot of changes over the next few months, but I am concerned about stretch marks. My reason for concern is that I already have quite a few and I am not looking to add to that collection! When I went away to university I gained quite a bit of weight and it was only when I met my partner a year later that I embarked on an exercise and diet plan and managed to loose it. Although 8 years later my stretch marks are now very pale, I do worry that I will be predisposed to getting them again. 

I wanted to start using a treatment from 12 weeks. Having received a sample of Palmer's Tummy Butter in my Emma's Diary pack and seeing that it had some good reviews and was relatively cheap I thought it was a good place to start. The best bit is that Palmer's products are hypoallergenic, Paraben and Phthalate free!  


 
       Tummy Butter approx £5.00 and Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks approx £3.00                             
The tummy butter is quite thick in consistency (pretty much like butter) and is described as being an 'intensive treatment'. It is recommended that this product is used at night. I decided to follow the recommendations and also purchased the stretch mark lotion to use each morning. The lotion smells lovely and although it takes a while to absorb (due to the lack of phthalates I am guessing) it does leave my skin feeling very soft. It is actually quite therapeutic spending the time massaging it in and gives your arms a bit of a work out too! To use the tummy butter I find it is easiest to take a chunk out and then warm it up in my hands so that it melts a bit before applying it. The smell is lovely (this time with a added hint of lavender) and once you have put in the effort to rub it in it does again leave the skin very soft. I will be trying my hardest to stick to this daily routine and fingers crossed it will pay off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment